The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Changing Face of Doctor Who Toys

I've been going to Gallifrey One for ten years now. It's been a mainstay of my convention-going life, and it's been interesting to see the convention evolve from the post-TV Movie environment, through the Big Finish era, and now the era of the new television series.

One of the interesting changes is how there are so many more quality Doctor Who toys. I've never seen so many as there were in the dealer's room this year. I didn't get an after picture, but by the end of the weekend, the entire table had been pretty well picked clean.

IM000236

IM000237


Of course, I couldn't resist getting a few toys of my own, including the TARDIS playset and some Daleks.

IM000306

IM000304

IM000303

IM000302

It's really quite impressive how much better the new series Doctor Who toys have been compared to any previous Doctor Who product. From remote control Daleks to action figures, they've all been solid quality. Even if you're really too old to be buying toys...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home