The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Doctor Who to Public Television

Iowa Public Television -- just south of where I am here in Minneapolis -- is going to be airing the Christopher Eccleston Doctor Who episodes.

It's nice to see that Doctor Who is being made available to Public Television Stations, especially those that have been airing Doctor Who for decades like IPTV. I'm also hopeful that some of the other stations that used to air the classic series will pick up the new series as well now that there is a Doctor Who with a more modern look and feel.

I'm very nostalgic about Doctor Who on public television -- it's one chance for it to be aired without commercial interruptions, and it was a part of a time when public television was a lot more dominant in the television landscape than it is today with the multitude of stations available on cable and satellite.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Chris P said...

I wonder what those rights cost them. My friend who worked in public TV told me the reason Dr. Who got dropped from all the stations was the cost of getting the rights.

I wish we could get WTTW in Chicago to run the complete Dr. Who again from the beginning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home