The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Friday, January 02, 2009

Making A Prediction

Since it looks like the BBC will be making an announcement tomorrow, I figure it's my last chance to make a prediction. I think Number 11 is going to be Patterson Joseph.

It feels right to me that it would be a non-white actor to play the Doctor at this point -- and he's got a personality that feels Doctorish to me. He's also got a career that makes sense to be a Doctor -- he's worked with Steven Moffat on Jekyll, a history of working on (and interest in) telefantasy projects like Neverwhere and the new Survivors. He's not too big of an actor -- he's someone that I can see committing several years to a televison role --

By posting this, I'm sure to be wrong -- but he makes a lot of sense to me. And if I'm wrong, I'll be surprised, which isn't bad either!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Riche said...

Was wondering who you were talking about at first until I realised he was Greg Peston from Survivors. It would be an interesting change, and he was a fairly good actor even if his Survivors character didn't exactly get to show any more of a range of moods for most of the series than 'moody and unhappy'.

Well, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home