The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Ten Doctors

It looks like my last comment about The Ten Doctors by The OFFSTAGE Theatre Group getting a name check sounded a little bit harsher than I meant, as I enjoyed the production and certainly can appreciate the challenges of doing a one-off-staging at a convention a continent away. Especially one as ambitious as The Ten Doctors.

I was especially impressed by how well all of the Doctors' vocal styles were captured. Scary at times.

I have too many friends and acquaintances that do original stage comedy in theater to want to sound like doing comedy isn't "serious" theater.

My intention in the original post was more that The Ten Doctors wasn't an original, official, licensed dramatic production of Doctor Who -- which is the impression the Telegraph article gave, and it was more that the comment showed the article to be the product of a writer who spent a couple minutes reading the front page of Outpost Gallifrey than anything else.

My apologies for sounding harsher towards the OFFSTAGE Theatre Group than I intended!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger The Offstager said...

Absolutely no worries!! Thank you.

I appreciate you replying in public too, rather than in private (which I would've been more than happy with!!). Sorry too if I missed your original point, somewhat - which, now I re-read your post, is pretty obvious. Doh!

And I totally agree about the journalist. Just read the front of Outpost Gallifrey and came to his own conclusion. 'The Ten Doctors' was a non-profit making production and, as such, not officially sanctioned by the BBC (though Gary Russell, new Script Editor on the new series, did watch the whole thing and said some nice things rather than slapping us with a lawsuit!!).

Thanks again for the prompt reply and the nice comments. I'm happiest most that we were able to raise a chuckle or two during the incredibly lengthy running time!

Best wishes,
THE OFFSTAGER
www.offstagetheatregroup.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home