The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Inferno on a Web Planet

As TV Shows on DVD has pointed out, there are two classic series DVDs coming out later this year. The cover for The Web Planet has one of the funnier Hartnell pictures I can imagine. It's rather an odd story -- and one that I think has aged particularly poorly. But I'll be very, very interested in seeing how it cleans up.

I don't think it's one of those episodes that the American market is really hungry for though. I've almost got to hope that no one deciding to go through the back catalog after discovering the show through the new series grabs this too early -- it's one of those stories at this point that is best suited for people who already love the program, not someone just getting into the series.

Of course, now I'll hear it from the Zarbi fans...

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Romana1 said...

LOL, I have to admit, I'm looking forward to old releases like The Web Planet-ones that I've never seen before. Inferno, too-it's been ages since I've seen it-I don't have a copy of that, neither does the library. I do see your point though-when trying to introduce new people to classic Who, I pick my episodes carefully.

BTW, I discovered your blogs while trying to find out when KTCA started airing Doctor Who (I grew up in Minneapolis). Ask.com pointed me to one of your older entries. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home