The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

American Torchwood

I can see how Torchwood could possibly get American treatment, especially with Julie Gardner, Russell T Davies and Jane Tranter all based in California now.

And honestly, I'd so much rather have an American Torchwood than an American Doctor Who remake. Which is something that really does scare me, after all. Especially if it is one not also trying to serve the UK market, which the 1996 TV movie did.

I really don't have a massive opinion about it. After all, it's a genre show on FOX -- it will get canceled after at most a dozen episodes anyways.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I don't get it. The most homophobic media organization in the country is going to get Torchwood.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger That's MIZZ Gypsy To You! said...

We've tried Torchwood type shows in the US before. But after doing "X-Files" I doubt something like Torchwood would work for Fox.

And I keep banging my head against the wall. Torchwood is directly answerable to the Queen (or King when there is one) of England. How would that even work for an organization in the US? Has everyone forgotten what happened in 1776?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Robert D. Meek, Jr. said...

Um, let's see. I've lives here in the USA for 52 years, I happen to love British comedies, and Torchwood, the British version, which I am watching on Netflix.

BTW , what is that with smart-mouthed comments about "Has everyone forgotten what happened in 1776?" What? You think they're some kind of "enemy" to despise? What an asinine attitude. Here's the flip side to your bigoted attitude: it's because of them that we DO exist! In reality, we are nationally no more or less than cousins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home