The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Thursday, December 14, 2006

When will Torchwood air in the US?

With articles like this appearing in some of the American press, I don't think the question is whether or not we'll see Torchwood distributed in the US -- just a matter of when.

I think the interesting observation is that the CBC in Canada hasn't made any announcements with regards to when they're airing Torchwood either, to my knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some desire to have them on roughly the same schedule in both countries; after all, the release date of the DVD will presumably be the same region wide. And I suspect the DVD release is the bigger concern as far as BBC Worldwide goes -- I know that the DVD releases have been very important to their Doctor Who plans.

My instinct and hope is that we'll see it sometime in the spring -- roughly at the same time of year as the Christopher Eccleston Doctor Who series aired this year.

Of course, what I really wonder is if there's going to be any way for the Sarah Jane Adventures to cross over. My thought might be that it will be DVD only... (I am confident that it'll make it on DVD, as there are enough Doctor Who fans that will want to buy it.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ang said...

I saw a bunch of them when I was in England. Excellent show. In the process now of downloading some from torrentspy. Forget bout waiting till Spring. I'm too impatient for that. :)

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger christy@torchwood said...

I live in England and watch it every sunday night, one word AWESOME! It's everything Russel.T.Davies wants to put in Doctor Who but can't, it's sexy, it's exciting, it's daring, plus it's got some very fit guys (excluding Burn Gorman)and one wicked set of wheels. Season 1 part 1 is coming to DVD in a matter of weeks I believe so looking forward to that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home