The Torchwood Institute - A Doctor Who and Torchwood Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Torchwood Countdown

The official Torchwood Site appears to be a bit more open to non-UK types.

Obviously, the UK countdown is in full force -- and Torchwood.TV is able to cover that UK side of things quite completely. I'm extremely jealous!

I have heard a couple of bits in the various reports that make me wonder about how well we'll be able to get it over here in the US, and in what form. I've no doubt that the eventual DVD release will be the same as the UK release. But if the episodes are 50 some minutes long instead of 45 or 46, there will inevitably be some cuts to add commerical time. And that'll be true if it ends up on either Sci Fi or BBC America.

I'm also a bit curious about exactly how strong the language is -- is it going to be more severe than we'd likely see on Sci Fi? Does this mean there is going to be editing for language as well as time?

This will all be resolved in time, I'm sure -- and I imagine we're looking at several months until we see any sign of a US broadcast for Torchwood.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger Steve Beck said...

Morning.

Last night was the first showing of Torchwood on BBC3 9pm (Will be repeated on BBC2 Wednesdays) and they showed the first two episodes back-to-back.

I just gotta tell you that it's amazing. As you probably know by now, this show's not for kids! It has some pretty gruesome gore in it, swearing (within the first 10 minutes there was fuck, bugger, shit and bloody), nudity and sex. The special effects are top-notch stuff and I love the Torchwood stealth-style van.

Hope I've not given too much away.

Steve

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the comments!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Ward said...

I don't know what the legal issues involved are, but the first two episodes are now up at isohunt. Being in the States, I'm not too thrilled about my chances to see them otherwise.

Cool site too. I'm glad to have found a site where there are some others interested in these two shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home